Intro To Cave Diver TDI Course
The purpose of the Intro To Cave Diver course is to master the technical methods required for diving into caves with a maximum depth of 40 m (130 feet). In this course, a student learns to dive while following the main guideline into the parts of the cave where daylight does not penetrate anymore, up to the first T-junction.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday TypeGuided Tours, Wildlife
- Activity Level Challenging
- Group Size Small Group
Within the Intro To Cave Diver course, the following topics will be covered:
- Limitations based on non decompression dives
- Equipment configuration and its preparation for diving
- Using guidelines, connection to the guideline
- Working with personal line markers and arrows
- Body posture during the dive, propulsion techniques
- Emergency procedures (buddy search in a cave, equipment failure, silting conditions, etc)
- Navigation, signals
- Cave protection, preserving their natural integrity
Course duration is 2-3 days, with 4 dives in the overhead environment.
- Minimum 18 years of age (15 years with the written permission of parents or guardian)
- Minimum certification level – Cavern Diver
- 25 logged dives
Upon successful completion of this course and passing the exams, you’ll get an international certificate: the Intro To Cave Diver TDI. A certified cave diver may be engaged in independent non decompression dives (with a dive buddy, with no instructor supervision) into the cave, using one main guideline, to a maximum depth of 40 meters/130 feet. With the Intro To Cave Diver certificate, a diver can apply to the third level of the course: the Full Cave Diver.
- Knowledge Development
- 4 dives in the overhead environment
- Equipment rental
- Training materials